Meet Bob Elliott
A Decorated Colonel in the Green Berets
Bob graduated from the United States Military Academy at West Point in the top 5% of his class, and later earned a Master of Arts Degree in National Security Affairs from the Naval Postgraduate School. Bob served his country for 30 years in the U.S. Army, and retired as a Colonel, U.S. Army Special Forces (the Green Berets).
Colonel Elliott served as Deputy Commander of the 1st Special Warfare Training Group, and as Commander of the 4th Special Operations Support Command (Theater Army) (Airborne). He also served on diplomatic assignments in the U.S. Embassies in Tokyo, Japan, and Seoul, Korea.
A Business Leader to Create Jobs
After retiring from the Army, Bob joined General Electric and served in a variety of positions with GE affiliates. Subsequently he served with Westinghouse Electric Company. Today, Bob is using that business experience to help grow the Central Valley economy.
A County Supervisor Who Has
Under Bob’s leadership, San Joaquin County has balanced its budget and increased law enforcement funding – all without raising taxes.
A Proven Advocate for Our Water Rights
Bob has fought to protect the Delta and Valley water rights by serving on the Delta Protection Commission, the California State Association of Counties, and the Delta Counties Coalition.
A Dedicated Community Servant
- Two-term member, San Joaquin County Board of Supervisors
- Former member, Tracy City Council
- Past Board Chairman, Tracy Hospital Foundation
- Member, Tracy and Manteca Chambers of Commerce
- Member, American Legion Post 172 and VFW Post 1537
- Board Member, Give Every Child a Chance
- Member, Rotary, Elks and Lions Clubs of Tracy
- Bob and his wife Debbie have three daughters: Judy, Kathie and Erika